About the Pharmacy 100 Club
The Pharmaceutical Society of Western Australia, as custodians of the J M O’Hara Research Fund, has a vision to become a recognised major facilitator for pharmacy research and practice development in Western Australia. —
- To achieve this, we are seeking to put together a core group of at least 100 pharmacists to commit to an annual, tax deductible donation to the JMOHRF, of $1000 for 5 successive years. This will provide the JMOHRF with the working capital base to ensure not only current funding but also drive future funding from both within and outside the profession.
- All the Pharmacy 100 Club patrons will be recognised as benefactors of the JMOHRF through research communication, provided with updates on the research projects and their outcomes, and invited to any launch or fundraising functions.
- In deciding on research grants the committee of the JMOHRF provides a broad perspective on Pharmacy research that not only considers traditional research projects but also reflects a contemporary view of research that incorporates community pharmacy based aspects of pharmacy practice. The committee’s expertise covers community practice, hospital and academic based areas.
- This is your opportunity to not only repay the profession, but also make a positive impact on the health of all Western Australians.
- In terms of a life-time in the profession the financial commitment is relatively small, but the benefits in recognition of the profession, our Society and the positive health outcomes can be enormous.
The Next Step
Pharmacy 100 Club Members —
Greg Da Rui
Sun Chuan Tan